We’re looking for a results-driven Project Engineer to help us unlock the full potential of our groundbreaking technology. The ideal candidate possesses a high level of proficiency programing CNC Machining Centers, and Lathes (Swiss Machines is a bonus, but not required) for various machining applications. The candidate will be responsible for organizing and compiling report data from test cuts, recommending machining and tooling strategies that would increase productivity and tool life, and designing experiments to optimize the technology’s performance. A deep understanding of tooling, work holding, and machining strategies is a must. As a new and exciting solution in an industry that’s been largely untouched by innovation, Fusion is uniquely positioned to grow into the market leader. This is an extraordinary, career-making opportunity. As a critical hire in a dynamic organization, the Project Engineer will join a team of professionals focused on scaling and growing our customer base and business through strategic direction. This role will report directly to the Director of Engineering and the Chief Technology Officer.
- Presale time studies, process recommendations, tool selection/sourcing, and work-holding concepts.
- CNC machine programming of customer parts and test material, data collection, and report/presentation generation
- Design experiments to understand how to optimize the technology’s performance in various materials and applications
- Ability to source appropriate tooling and generate concepts for custom tooling solutions
- Ability to fabricate custom hardware for customer and experimental use
- Customer and supplier liaison for technical issues and continuous improvement initiatives
- Occasional travel sometimes required on visits with Sales Engineers and to customer facilities
- Occasional international travel may be required for technical training
- CNC controls and programming
- Strong CNC machining background
- Machine tool programming using CAD/ CAM
- Solidworks or other solid modeling experience
- Mechanical aptitude, basic electrical proficiency
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with co-workers and customers