As a critical hire in a dynamic organization, the Controls Engineer will join a team of professionals focused on scaling and growing our customer base and business. The ideal candidate possesses a high level of proficiency with text-based programming (e.g. Structured Text, PYTHON, HDL, Assembly, C++), knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical CAD Best Practices (Part, Assembly, Drawing, Schematic Creation), as well as hardware, circuit analysis, microelectronics, computer architecture, and real-time operating systems expertise. A basic understanding of fluid dynamics, electrical principals, and mechanical and electrical CAD practices is a must.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop, program, simulate, and debug PLC programming in structure text architecture, HMI graphical interfaces, and various communication standards
- Deep understanding of microprocessor and microcontroller fundamentals, basic electronics, algorithms, PID control loops, and design patterns
- Able to write efficient code (B&R structure text syntax) and know how to make the software components as effective as possible
- Customer and supplier liaison for technical issues and continuous improvement initiatives
- Manage budgetary and time constraints
- Stay up to date on technological developments and industry best practices
- Occasional travel required on visits with Sales Engineers and to customer facilities
- Occasional international travel may be required for technical training
- Mechanical and Electrical CAD drawing and schematic creation
Qualifications and Skills:
- B.S. in Electronics Engineering, Mechatronics, or equivalent degree + work experience
- Five to seven years’ work experience in an engineering capacity
- Experience with text-based programming
- Electrical schematic design with 3D modeling experience
- Basic understanding of fluid dynamics, heat transfer, mechanics of material, and industrial manufacturing (CNC machinery preferred)
- PLC programming with B&R automation tools a plus.
- Proficient oral and written communications skills. Collaborates well in a team environment.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a passport
Fusion Coolant Systems offers competitive wages and comprehensive benefits such as paid time off, medical, dental, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401 (k) program, and more.
Fusion Coolant Systems is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination.